Monday, January 7, 2008

Back to School

Tomorrow marks my return to campus. I have teaching orientation sessions in the morning and afternoon. Classes start up on Wednesday.

This semester I am taking a class on literary translation, which looks promising. I am teaching a fourth semester composition course. I have never taught composition before so I am looking forward to it. The rest of my time will be devoted to developing and writing my dissertation proposal and reading list. I also need to clean up and revise several seminar papers and send them out to journals. I do not have any conferences this semester, which is actually quite nice.

The photo to the right is of the atrium of Buttrick Hall, the building where I have my office. If you would like to see more pictures of the building, go here. When the leaves return to the trees this spring, I will take some pictures of campus and give you a guided tour. It is quite beautiful and I forget how amazing it is.

No comments: