Yeah. That's how tired I am. I can't even think of a decent title for this post. Last Tuesday, we met with the realtor at the place, did a walk-through, and then signed for the keys. Later that evening and then again Wednesday and Thursday evening, Aimee and I brought over a few loads of loose items from the apartment. The original idea was to have friends from the ward come over Friday afternoon and move all the boxed items. Because of heavy rain Thursday and Friday, we postponed it until Saturday morning. In the end, it worked out better since two people were able to come that would not have been able to make it Friday afternoon.
We provided bagels and orange juice at 7:30 and began the move proper at 8:00. Between two mini-vans and our Isuzu, it took about two hours to move all the boxes. We have great friends. Some of them stayed at the apartment and finished packing up the bathrooms and disassembling the bunk bed. We wrapped things up by 10:30, just in time for people to make it home or the ward house for conference. (Remember, we're CST.)
Thanks go to the following, in no particular order, for helping at the move or for watching the kids at some point: Jonathan Wade, Megan and Steven Nordstrom, Kelly and Raymey Walther, Lisa and Will Ashby, Heather and David Wiseman (and their two little ones), Cinira and Matthew Layton.
At around 11:30, Two Men and Truck showed up and they moved the heavy items (couch, TV and cabinet, computer desk and filing cabinet, master bed, dining table and server). My mom sent us some money to help with the move and we used it to hire professional movers to move the heavy things. (Thanks Mom!) We love our friends enough to spare them from lower back pain.
After the movers wrapped up at 2:00, everybody collapsed for a long nap. I woke up around 5:00 all groggy and disoriented. Jonathan called me up around quarter after and asked if I was planning on going to Priesthood Session. He sweetened the deal by suggesting we grab a bite to eat beforehand. We went to a nice Greek restaurant near the ward house, and even though we ordered the wrong special of the day, the atmosphere was nice. I will be returning with Aimee. If he hadn't called, I might have missed the session since I was feeling beat. I'm glad I attended, though. It was a powerful meeting and I look forward to revisiting the talks by the First Presidency.
Although we had intentions of attending at least one session on Sunday, it didn't happen. I suppose if the Internet had been connected than we would have caught some at home. Oh well. I would have liked to have participated in the Solemn Assembly on Saturday morning, since the last time was in 1995. Now that the streams are available we will watch it with the kids later this week.
Any way, we are putting together a family blog and we will have pictures posted soon of the new house - empty, and with furniture. Aimee took some great pics of the kids playing in the backyard today. It's exciting to be here. I really think it will have a positive effect on our family.
We provided bagels and orange juice at 7:30 and began the move proper at 8:00. Between two mini-vans and our Isuzu, it took about two hours to move all the boxes. We have great friends. Some of them stayed at the apartment and finished packing up the bathrooms and disassembling the bunk bed. We wrapped things up by 10:30, just in time for people to make it home or the ward house for conference. (Remember, we're CST.)
Thanks go to the following, in no particular order, for helping at the move or for watching the kids at some point: Jonathan Wade, Megan and Steven Nordstrom, Kelly and Raymey Walther, Lisa and Will Ashby, Heather and David Wiseman (and their two little ones), Cinira and Matthew Layton.
At around 11:30, Two Men and Truck showed up and they moved the heavy items (couch, TV and cabinet, computer desk and filing cabinet, master bed, dining table and server). My mom sent us some money to help with the move and we used it to hire professional movers to move the heavy things. (Thanks Mom!) We love our friends enough to spare them from lower back pain.
After the movers wrapped up at 2:00, everybody collapsed for a long nap. I woke up around 5:00 all groggy and disoriented. Jonathan called me up around quarter after and asked if I was planning on going to Priesthood Session. He sweetened the deal by suggesting we grab a bite to eat beforehand. We went to a nice Greek restaurant near the ward house, and even though we ordered the wrong special of the day, the atmosphere was nice. I will be returning with Aimee. If he hadn't called, I might have missed the session since I was feeling beat. I'm glad I attended, though. It was a powerful meeting and I look forward to revisiting the talks by the First Presidency.
Although we had intentions of attending at least one session on Sunday, it didn't happen. I suppose if the Internet had been connected than we would have caught some at home. Oh well. I would have liked to have participated in the Solemn Assembly on Saturday morning, since the last time was in 1995. Now that the streams are available we will watch it with the kids later this week.
Any way, we are putting together a family blog and we will have pictures posted soon of the new house - empty, and with furniture. Aimee took some great pics of the kids playing in the backyard today. It's exciting to be here. I really think it will have a positive effect on our family.

4 comments:
The family blog location that you gave me last isn't working....did you move things?
Yeah, we switched it up. Stay tuned and we'll post a link in the coming days.
Well, I don't like my friends well enought to spare them of lower back pain. Our previous apartment was on the third floor up a narrow, winding hallway. It was a pain to move in and out of that place!
Ugh! Just reading your story of this move gives me the heeby-geebies. I hate moving. . .with a passion! I'd rather have the flu than move. That's why we put up with our dumpy neighborhood in Kearns. The alternative involves. . .moving! Blech.
Post a Comment