Aimee and I picked up Vantage Point from the local RedBox last night. Eh...it was entertaining but the plot holes were so big you could drive a tractor-trailer through them. The original idea is interesting, which is showing the same event from five or six different perspectives. But, the different perspectives don't really mesh together like the movie portrays it. There were also numerous aspects that required an extreme suspension of disbelief. I won't reveal any spoilers but there is one scene that really bothered me. In one 'perspective' we see two secret service agents chasing a potential suspect. The suspect apparently loses them, but when he meets up with somebody under an overpass, the secret service agents see him, fire at him (across four lanes of busy traffic), and kill him. Okay, that one scene alone may not be impossible but it was certainly improbable. Oh, and these secret service agents had been firing at him in crowded areas. That would have never happened. But that's not what bothered me.
In the final 'vantage point' we see this same suspect meet up at the rendezvous and then get shot by some mysterious bullets. We're not shown the shooter(s), but we assume it's the secret service agents from before. Remember, they are shooting him from across four lanes of freeway traffic. Any way, after the suspect is shot, the secret service agents NEVER SHOW UP. First, it doesn't make sense that they would've been shooting at this guy in the first place - especially not in crowded streets. Second, it is almost impossible that they could have fired at him from across several lanes of freeway traffic. Third, they would not shoot and kill him, and then not come over to the body.
Oh well, at least it only cost $1.09, and I was entertained for one hour and twenty-three minutes. Yeah, it's a short movie. However, I do not recommend this movie. Wait. There was one other thing that really irked me. Supposedly, this movie takes place in Salamance, Spain. I did not hear one single Spanish accent. They were all Mexican accents with one or two actors trying to affect a Spanish accent with a forced 'th' sound.
Having said that, Karyn, Aimee, and I watched El Orfanato (The Orphanage) last weekend. Simply an amazing movie. Creepy as all get out...but amazing. I highly recommend it if you like spooky movies.
In the final 'vantage point' we see this same suspect meet up at the rendezvous and then get shot by some mysterious bullets. We're not shown the shooter(s), but we assume it's the secret service agents from before. Remember, they are shooting him from across four lanes of freeway traffic. Any way, after the suspect is shot, the secret service agents NEVER SHOW UP. First, it doesn't make sense that they would've been shooting at this guy in the first place - especially not in crowded streets. Second, it is almost impossible that they could have fired at him from across several lanes of freeway traffic. Third, they would not shoot and kill him, and then not come over to the body.
Oh well, at least it only cost $1.09, and I was entertained for one hour and twenty-three minutes. Yeah, it's a short movie. However, I do not recommend this movie. Wait. There was one other thing that really irked me. Supposedly, this movie takes place in Salamance, Spain. I did not hear one single Spanish accent. They were all Mexican accents with one or two actors trying to affect a Spanish accent with a forced 'th' sound.
Having said that, Karyn, Aimee, and I watched El Orfanato (The Orphanage) last weekend. Simply an amazing movie. Creepy as all get out...but amazing. I highly recommend it if you like spooky movies.

No comments:
Post a Comment