Monday, October 13, 2008

School Things I Have to Do This Week

  1. Turn 20 page seminar paper into an 8 page conference presentation
  2. Attend and present at Crossing Borders conference here at Vanderbilt on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday
  3. Keep an eye on Prof. Fitz, who will be keeping an eye on Prof. Gregory Rabassa, who is the keynote speaker at the conference
  4. Find motivation to start formatting the journal
  5. Read / Finish reading / Review the following:
  • Residencia en la tierra - Pablo Neruda (poetry)
  • Los siete locos - Roberto Arlt (novel)
  • article on Los siete locos
  • O Quinze - Raquel de Quiroz (novel)
  • Vidas secas - Graciliano Ramos (novel)
  • Don Segundo Sombra - Ricardo Güiraldes (novel)

. . . now I need to go prepare the pineapple we'll be grilling at a BBQ tonight

Why, oh why did I watch a movie on Hulu this afternoon?

1 comment:

Your Host said...

I know that feeling, too. Your brain needs a break, you take it, you regret it, you pull it together, you get it done.

Enjoy the pineapple, James. BBQ can go a long way toward mending a bruised spirit.