...I thought I would provide a brief update.
I am now in day five of a twelve day PhD exam. I have two of six questions completed with another well on its way. It will be done by lunch time today. I could have finished it yesterday but I realized that part of this question could overlap with another question if I did a bit more reading and note taking, thus, the delay. My goal is to have four questions answered by Saturday night. That way, I will have all of next week to answer two questions and then polish them all up before I have to turn them in on Jan. 31 at noon. Technically, I have until midnight, but as you may recall, Aimee and I are going to The Killers that night.
So far, this whole process has gone better than I had anticipated. Although, I am realizing the limits to my mental and physical stamina. After eight or nine hours of work, I'm done. Being forced to articulate thoughts and ideas I have had for over a year now, however, helps lay a strong foundation for my dissertation.
Yesterday, Jonathan picked me up around noon and we went a voted, helping defeat the English-only proposition in Nashville. The news even made the BBC. To celebrate our civic pride, we went and had some tasty Mexican food at a local favorite, El Rodeo.
And now, I'm going to get some cereal and watch a bit of Willow before I start at 9:00 AM.
I am now in day five of a twelve day PhD exam. I have two of six questions completed with another well on its way. It will be done by lunch time today. I could have finished it yesterday but I realized that part of this question could overlap with another question if I did a bit more reading and note taking, thus, the delay. My goal is to have four questions answered by Saturday night. That way, I will have all of next week to answer two questions and then polish them all up before I have to turn them in on Jan. 31 at noon. Technically, I have until midnight, but as you may recall, Aimee and I are going to The Killers that night.
So far, this whole process has gone better than I had anticipated. Although, I am realizing the limits to my mental and physical stamina. After eight or nine hours of work, I'm done. Being forced to articulate thoughts and ideas I have had for over a year now, however, helps lay a strong foundation for my dissertation.
Yesterday, Jonathan picked me up around noon and we went a voted, helping defeat the English-only proposition in Nashville. The news even made the BBC. To celebrate our civic pride, we went and had some tasty Mexican food at a local favorite, El Rodeo.
And now, I'm going to get some cereal and watch a bit of Willow before I start at 9:00 AM.

1 comment:
Good show James. I hope to develop my mental stamina more in the near future. On the topic of good Mexican food, if you make it out here while I'm still around, we'll go to Taco Riendo with some of the profe's. Enjoy Willow, my favorite line is from the shield/sled scene when Madmartigan says, "Woahhhhh hey! Woahh!"
Post a Comment