Now, I'm not sure exactly what the recent strike of the Writer's Guild of America (WGA) will entail, but I do know it will be Disastrous, that's right, with a capital 'D.' One of the first causalities is The Office, a show I am very fond of. The reason why this show is one of the first to be affected is that about half of the main cast are also writers for the show. As of yesterday, production has ceased. This week's episode was finished before the strike and they were able to finish next week's episode. But that's it until this issue is resolved.
From my understanding, which is limited, the main beef is over writer's earnings on their work that is later released on DVD. Apparently producers and networks are raking it in while the writer's are left out in the cold. I wonder how long Heroes can run since they are only about five or six episodes ahead of schedule. Shows like Lost and 24 will be able to run longer, since they've been saving their seasons until January, but I highly doubt they have finished writing all the scripts. Who knows what will happen? I for one am glad that I have been diligent in my tube storage. What about you?
From my understanding, which is limited, the main beef is over writer's earnings on their work that is later released on DVD. Apparently producers and networks are raking it in while the writer's are left out in the cold. I wonder how long Heroes can run since they are only about five or six episodes ahead of schedule. Shows like Lost and 24 will be able to run longer, since they've been saving their seasons until January, but I highly doubt they have finished writing all the scripts. Who knows what will happen? I for one am glad that I have been diligent in my tube storage. What about you?

No comments:
Post a Comment