Sunday, December 23, 2007

Another Semester Comes to a Close

Last Monday my students took their final, which I graded that night. I turned in my last paper on Tuesday and submitted my students' grades. This marks my last semester of full-time course work. Ever. I have one class next semester and then I am completely done with taking classes. The majority of my time will be devoted to writing my dissertation proposal and preparing for my qualifying exams. Now, I know most of you felt this when you graduated from college, but you have to realize that this is what I have done since the fall of 1999. I have been in school full-time for eight years. Have any of you been in the same job for eight years? I sense a transition occurring - moving from student to academic.

This last week has been relaxing. For the most part I have enjoyed spending more time with Big Boy and Little Girl. (I say 'for the most part' since they are both driving me nuts right now.) I am excited about this break even though I have a lot of work to do. If I don't talk to some of you during the break, Merry Christmas and I hope you are able to spend this time with loved ones.

Peace.

No comments: