Sunday, February 3, 2008

Vota ya!

Here's a funny t-shirt I saw a few days ago. I sent it to one of my colleagues at Vandy since he's a big Morrissey fan. He got a kick out of it. "Vote now!" is what "Vota ya!" means. I kind of think the Morrissey picture looks more like Joaquin Phoenix as Johnny Cash.

In other news, I filed our tax return a few days ago. The refund is about $1200 more than it was last year, which was quite substantial. I guess in this case, it pays to be poor. This will help us get through the famine period, which is otherwise known as the summer.

The late-breaking news is that I turned 30 on Friday. I will return shortly and whip up a post about the festivities.





This message does not necessarily endorse the Obama / Morrissey ticket for '08.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suspect that by "it pays to be poor" you are referring to the Earned Income Credit. Because if you simply overpaid on your taxes throughout the year, well there's no reason to do that.

Jim Jiminy said...

EIC - yup.

Your Host said...

We love the EIC. Even now it comes in mighty handy.

Happy early birthday, James.

Jim Jiminy said...

Thank you. Actually, my b-day is on the 1st. I need to write up a post about it.

Doug said...

jeeze, you are so freaking old.