I have to admit I have procrastinated writing about my thirtieth birthday. But there was a reason. Up until this morning, I did not have the pictures of the event. But now I do, and I shall procrastinate no more.
On Friday, February 1st, around 4:00 p.m., three friends and I left the confines of Vanderbilt campus and trekked to Opry Mills Shopping Center. We went to the local IMAX theater and watched U2 3D. After the movie, we ate a lot of meat at Tony Roma's. All in all, it was a special and happy day with puppies and rainbows and pink carnations. Jonathan Wade, David Wiseman, and Pablo Martinez formed my b-day entourage.
A word about my peeps: Wade and I met eight years ago in Portuguese 101/102. After our BA's and MA's in Spanish at BYU, we continued on to Vanderbilt. Now our desks are right next to each other. I'm not sure if he's stalking me or if I'm stalking him. David was also at BYU, starting his MA a year after us, and then continuing down the pipeline to Vandy. Pablo is from Valladolid, Spain and he entered Vandy with Wade and me. (See, I ended that sentence correctly since "me" is the direct object. Some of you may say, "But shouldn't it be 'Wade and I?' Well, if you are in doubt, take out 'Wade' and say "Pablo entered with I"...doesn't sound right does it? That's because it's incorrect. And thus concludes our grammar lesson for the day.)
Enjoy the photographic evidence of the events.
On Friday, February 1st, around 4:00 p.m., three friends and I left the confines of Vanderbilt campus and trekked to Opry Mills Shopping Center. We went to the local IMAX theater and watched U2 3D. After the movie, we ate a lot of meat at Tony Roma's. All in all, it was a special and happy day with puppies and rainbows and pink carnations. Jonathan Wade, David Wiseman, and Pablo Martinez formed my b-day entourage.
A word about my peeps: Wade and I met eight years ago in Portuguese 101/102. After our BA's and MA's in Spanish at BYU, we continued on to Vanderbilt. Now our desks are right next to each other. I'm not sure if he's stalking me or if I'm stalking him. David was also at BYU, starting his MA a year after us, and then continuing down the pipeline to Vandy. Pablo is from Valladolid, Spain and he entered Vandy with Wade and me. (See, I ended that sentence correctly since "me" is the direct object. Some of you may say, "But shouldn't it be 'Wade and I?' Well, if you are in doubt, take out 'Wade' and say "Pablo entered with I"...doesn't sound right does it? That's because it's incorrect. And thus concludes our grammar lesson for the day.)
Enjoy the photographic evidence of the events.

No comments:
Post a Comment