One of the simple pleasures that I enjoy in life are mandarin oranges in gel. I'm not sure when we discovered these delectable delights, but we get them every once in a while for lunches. Today, I saved mine to eat as an afternoon snack. Although I prefer to eat it chilled...oh, so refreshing...I left it out on my desk because I did not want to have to go back to the fridge when I wanted my snack...oh, so lazy. Any way, snack time arrived and I knew I would have to be careful lest I spill mandarin gel juice on my desk, or worse, my clothes. I gingerly peeled back a corner of the plastic film covering. Then, I slurped the aforementioned juice that was a sneak preview of the deliciousness to come. Carefully, I peeled back the rest of the covering and removed it completely. Confident that the hour of consumption was nigh, I reached for a spoon, bumping the cup, and spilling juice all down my pant leg. "How could this be?" I thought. "Had I not performed the ritual of oh-so-carefully peeling back the covering, and then slurping the juice on the surface of the jello?" To my dismay, I had not. I had simply gone through the motion of slurping; in the end, nothing was slurped. Let this be a lesson. Make sure you don't go on autopilot because sometimes you will get mandarin orange gel juice on your pant leg.Tuesday, March 25, 2008
On avoiding spills...
One of the simple pleasures that I enjoy in life are mandarin oranges in gel. I'm not sure when we discovered these delectable delights, but we get them every once in a while for lunches. Today, I saved mine to eat as an afternoon snack. Although I prefer to eat it chilled...oh, so refreshing...I left it out on my desk because I did not want to have to go back to the fridge when I wanted my snack...oh, so lazy. Any way, snack time arrived and I knew I would have to be careful lest I spill mandarin gel juice on my desk, or worse, my clothes. I gingerly peeled back a corner of the plastic film covering. Then, I slurped the aforementioned juice that was a sneak preview of the deliciousness to come. Carefully, I peeled back the rest of the covering and removed it completely. Confident that the hour of consumption was nigh, I reached for a spoon, bumping the cup, and spilling juice all down my pant leg. "How could this be?" I thought. "Had I not performed the ritual of oh-so-carefully peeling back the covering, and then slurping the juice on the surface of the jello?" To my dismay, I had not. I had simply gone through the motion of slurping; in the end, nothing was slurped. Let this be a lesson. Make sure you don't go on autopilot because sometimes you will get mandarin orange gel juice on your pant leg.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment