Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Pepé Le Pew, I presume

This morning around 3:30 AM, Aimee woke up to turn on the air conditioning. She was met by a putrid smell. She noticed the smell was stronger around the air vents so she turned it off. At 4:00 AM I woke up to the same putrid smell and immediately recognized it for what it was...skunk.

Two and a half hours later, we have most of our windows open, a pot of vinegar and cinnamon sticks on the stove, and we're spraying Febreeze down the ventilation shafts every few minutes. We are off to Walmart to pick up more cider vinegar, cinnamon sticks, candles, dryer sheets, Febreeze, baking soda, a new air filter for the furnace, citrus spray and maybe some Ozium. Oh, and if the smell comes back we'll call Animal Control. I love Google. At 4:10 AM we found this site that has many practical methods of riding your pets, clothing, and air of skunk smell.

2 comments:

Your Host said...

I'm so sorry that Pepe came for a visit. How's the aftermath?

Jim Jiminy said...

Update: 24 hours later it seems that the smell has dissipated almost entirely. I still catch a lingering whiff of it in parts of the house, but the citrus spray covers that right up.