Today, Aimee and I celebrate our ninth wedding anniversary. In that time, we have lived abroad, we have had two children, we have finished degrees (and one of us is still finishing a degree), and we have begun careers. We have also experienced losses and gains, triumphs and defeats, joys and heartaches. Somewhere in the middle we have managed to become better friends, companions, lovers, confidants, parents, etc. When I look back on these past nine years, I would say that our greatest accomplishment has been simply sticking together. It is not easy to be married, run a household, and raise a family together. I know that Aimee and I love each other and that we are committed to each other and to this family we have created.
.....
One of our good friends offered to watch our kids Saturday evening. But, she also offered to let them spend the night. Other than sleepovers with grandparents, I think this is the first time that our kids have stayed the night at somebody else's home. We dropped the kids off at 4:00. Then, we went and did some shopping at Costco where we also picked up something to fix at home. We had already gone out to breakfast with the kids so we were not keen on eating out again. We basically spent a very nice evening in (wink wink). Around 9:30, while we were watching Chocolat, I suggested we go get some desert or see a movie...just because we could. We ended up catching the 10:30 PM showing of The Dark Knight, which we both enjoyed. I can't remember the last time we were out until 1:30 in the morning. I got really tired, but it was fun to be out late and not have to worry about getting home to the kids. We slept in the next morning, picked up the kids, got them ready, and headed straight to church.
.....
One of our good friends offered to watch our kids Saturday evening. But, she also offered to let them spend the night. Other than sleepovers with grandparents, I think this is the first time that our kids have stayed the night at somebody else's home. We dropped the kids off at 4:00. Then, we went and did some shopping at Costco where we also picked up something to fix at home. We had already gone out to breakfast with the kids so we were not keen on eating out again. We basically spent a very nice evening in (wink wink). Around 9:30, while we were watching Chocolat, I suggested we go get some desert or see a movie...just because we could. We ended up catching the 10:30 PM showing of The Dark Knight, which we both enjoyed. I can't remember the last time we were out until 1:30 in the morning. I got really tired, but it was fun to be out late and not have to worry about getting home to the kids. We slept in the next morning, picked up the kids, got them ready, and headed straight to church.

1 comment:
Congrats...it is true the most important thing is to be committed to each other no matter what or how hard, because it will be
Post a Comment