Saturday, August 30, 2008

Sugar Rush and The Clone Wars

Yesterday, we decided to go to the theater as a family. The last time we all went to a movie together was probably in 2006 when we saw Over the Hedge. I have taken Big Boy to a few movies since then, and Aimee and I have gone a few times, but I'm pretty sure this was the first time in over two years that we all went to the movies.

In spite of the outrageous prices, we decided to get some popcorn, candy, and some raspberry slushies for the kids. Rebekah ended up getting quite the sugar rush and had a hard time sitting through the last twenty minutes.

Now, I had not read any reviews prior to seeing the movie, but apparently it has been getting horrible reviews. Eric Snider, whose reviews I find informative and entertaining, gave it a D-.

I guess I went in without any expectations. I knew it was meant for kids. At the same time, I was looking forward to it since I enjoyed the Clone Wars series produced by the Cartoon Network in 2003.

I found the dialogue a bit stilted, and the droids were dumber than usual, but I was entertained and the kids had fun. I don't know if it is necessary to see it in the theater, but if you're a Star Wars fan, it will be worth checking out on DVD.

1 comment:

Lord Procurator of the Lunatic Fringe said...

Thanks for saving me the trouble. I remember walking into see Prince Caspian because I wanted to see what they'd do different from the BBC version. I felt like the creepy older guy watching a kid's show, as it seemed geared to teens and tweens. Growing up issues, you know. 'Course young kids aren't going to appreciate religious philosophy, will they? I'm glad that there exists a row of seats faaaar in the back!