Wednesday, December 3, 2008

In which dimension does God live?

3 comments:

The Mighty Thunder Chicken said...

Dude! You're messing with my mind. And I thought the show on time travel that I saw the other day was mind blowing. It was talking about how if you studied Einstein, and created a time machine that would take you back in time and talk to Einstein himself, you could give Einstein the concepts and theories that you studied from his books. Being that you got the ideas from reading his books, and he wrote them in his books because you gave him the ideas, suddenly nobody created the ideas in the first place. Trippy, man. Totally trippy.

Jim Jiminy said...

I guess that's the whole idea of one dimension folding in on another dimension.

I'd love to study string theory and quantum mechanics...but you know, for normal people...not physicists.

Tom Krause said...

I suppose if we insist on an anthropomorphic god, the question is valid. But, what if God exists outside of all possible dimensions? In other words, if he created all dimensions, how could he exist within one of them? (Well, unless of course, he decided to, but what would such a limitation do for him?)

So, now that my head hurts, consider this.

One of my students with autism rattles off some of the strangest stuff. The other day he said, "Heavenly Father is on the Earth right now."

My only comment to both students and staff who were then present:

"Okay, everyone, look busy."