We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with our friends, Matthew and Cinira Layton. I tried out this raspberry pecan crock pot turkey. It turned out great. On Saturday we had a "Pie Party" with over forty people in attendance. The winning pie was a cherry pie made by Suzy Keyes. It was delicious. The runners up were: Banana Bliss (Emily Wade); Pumpkin Pecan (Kelly Walther); and Pumpkin Crumb Cake (Aleisha Duclos). Several people brought store-bought pies (the audacity!) but they were ineligible to be entered into the pie contest. Natch.
I currently find myself in the throes of editing the Afro-Hispanic Review. We're trying to get everything in by tomorrow, mid-morning. Barring any major catastrophes, I think we will make it. I'm heading into campus right now to print off a few final drafts for different editorial board members to review. Wish us luck.
I currently find myself in the throes of editing the Afro-Hispanic Review. We're trying to get everything in by tomorrow, mid-morning. Barring any major catastrophes, I think we will make it. I'm heading into campus right now to print off a few final drafts for different editorial board members to review. Wish us luck.

No comments:
Post a Comment