First, Christmas is coming up and that's always fun but Aimee and I have come to realize that all the Christmas magic is up to us.
Second, one of my committee members, a last minute substitution, has decided to add four novels and two works of criticism to my reading list. In all fairness, I was able to eliminate two 500+ pg. novels at the same time.
Third, I have to prepare a job talk for a campus visit (Jan. 13-17).
Finally, I still have a bit of reading to do in preparation for my qualifying exams (Jan. 19-31).
All of my friends are done for the semester and they are enjoying their holiday break. My work is just getting started.
Wish me luck.
P.S. I have lost over 15 lbs. in the last year, and I think I've lost 10 this semester alone. I'm almost to where I was after I came home from Brazil in Aug. 2006.


1 comment:
Was the weight loss in connection with the reading? If that's the case, then I'm headed for all the weight loss I could want.
Post a Comment