Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Stike That, Reverse It

A bit of unfortunate news. BYU contacted me today and said that the Board (i.e. the Brethren) have put a hiring freeze on all positions. That means I will not be going out in January for an on-campus interview. Oh well. There are several silver linings on this cloud. First, I get to keep my long hair. Second, I'll be that much more prepared the next time around. Third, now I don't have to worry about writing a job talk in the next three weeks. I just have to worry about reading 2,000-3,000 pages in the next month.

Merry Christmas y'all

3 comments:

Jared Blanco said...

You should try reading by osmosis. I doubt it works, but I think that I saw Garfield doing it once. Best of luck in the job hunt!

Doug said...

I still think a good case of Diarrhea is the best way to get your reading done. Have you tried drinking from dirty stream water? Giardia would do the trick, and its a great weight loss tool as well!

Ben said...

Bummer, I was looking forward to hearing your job talk and talking to you about cool stuff. In the mean time, Ted Lyon continues to irreplaceable.