1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?- wrapping paper
2. Real tree or Artificial?
- Eh…I don’t really care. We’ve done both but this year we have a real one.
3. When do you put up the tree?
- sometime after Thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down?
- sometime after New Year’s
5. Do you like eggnog?
- Does the Pope wear a funny hat? Christmas is the most eggnogiest time of the year.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
- Good question. One year I got this awesome G.I. Joe helicopter. I think it was called the Tomahawk. That was pretty cool.
7. The hardest person to buy for?
- My mother. I swear, that woman doesn’t want anything.
8. Easiest person to buy for?
- myself, of course
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
- a few
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
- Christmas cards? What are those?
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
- I can’t remember. But I will tell you about one of the worst birthday presents I ever received. I can't remember if this was when I turned 17 or 18, but my brother and I shared several CDs. Well, he gave me his 'half' of Robert Plant's Fate of Nations...cheap bastard. (The truth comes out!!!)
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
- A Christmas Story or A Christmas Carol with George C. Scott.
13. When do you start shopping?
- Shopping? What’s the last day you can order stuff from Amazon and have it arrive by Christmas? That’s probably when I do my shopping.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
- most likely
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
- orange sticks, chocolate cherries, chocolate orange, Grandma’s holiday salad, peppermint bark
16. Lights on the tree?
- Yup…it’s just not the same without a string of cheap, multi-colored lights.
17. Favorite Christmas song?
- “What Child is This?” is one of my favorites.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
- I would really like to travel but the dearth of our pecuniary security prohibits sojourning to the lands of the West.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
- Sure. What red-blooded American child can’t? Communist children, that’s who.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
- Star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
- Well, tradition has dictated we open them Christmas morning. One year, however, Aimee and I were at my folk’s place for Christmas Eve and we convinced everybody to wait until midnight and then open everything--South American style. I thought it was a huge success. We applauded after each gift was opened and everybody had fun...except maybe Patrick. I think he wanted to wait until morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
- The fact that funds are always low at the end of the semester is kind of a pain. We try saving for Christmas but it always gets eaten up by some bill or car repairs or lotto tickets. Okay, not lotto tickets…gambling debts.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
- Eh, I don’t really care.
24. Favorite for Christmas Dinner?
- Hmmm…Growing up we would always have a snack and cold cut tray set out for Christmas Eve. I like that since you can eat throughout the whole evening.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
- An official Red Ryder carbine action two-hundred shot range model air rifle with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time.
26. Who is most likely to respond to this?
- Don’t know. Don’t care. I rarely respond to these “tags” but I thought this one would be fun.
27. Who is least likely to respond to this?
- My Grandma Krause? She doesn’t have a computer and she’s kind of a humbug.
28. What was your most memorable magical Christmas memory from your childhood?
- 1987, I believe, Vancouver, WA. John and I found Santa’s stash and knew everything we were getting for Christmas at least two weeks before. That was pretty cool. I don’t know how magical it was, though.
29. Have you ever been involved in a Christmas gift prank?
- One year, this was in Green River, WY, John and I wrapped up a huge box of smaller wrapped boxes that contained Frito Lay goodies – Grandma’s Cookies, chips, etc. We gave this to my dad. The thing is, he worked for Frito Lay at the time so all of this stuff came from the back of his truck. We thought it was funny.
30. Your favorite Christmas Cartoon?
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas is a perennial classic. I also like the very first episode of The Simpsons, which was a Christmas special.

3 comments:
So, I gave you my half of the CD, but I still ended up keeping it anyway. So, really, you gave me your half.
That's right. You kept the Zeppelin and I kept The Beatles once we divided everything up. Is that how it worked?
That's right. I got Englebert Humperdink, you got Captain and Tennille.
Post a Comment