After twelve days (thirteen if you count last Sunday, but I don't because then it would be unlucky) I have finished the written portion of my doctoral exams. The final document came in at 105 pages, and it wasn't just junk. Some of it turned out well. I feel like I have a head start on my dissertation. This was a wonderful experience even though I am exhausted...but in a good way. I will have my oral exam in the next two weeks. Basically, the oral is really easy if you did well on your exams. If you did poorly then it's two hours of them hammering you. Considering who's on my committee, I think we'll get done early.Tonight I am going to see The Killers. Tomorrow is my 31st birthday. I'm on the top of the world.
(The only thing that could top this is if BYU called up and said, "Oh yeah, you still want to come out and interview?" To which I would respond, "Heck yes I would!" I will bide my time. That day will come.)

3 comments:
woohoo!
Hooray! Happy Birthday too!
Way to go! I can't think of a better way to cap off your exams than to go to see the Killers. Awesome.
Post a Comment