Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Killers at the Grand Ole Opry

I submitted my doctoral exam at 2:42 pm CST last Saturday. That evening, my friend Cory and I went to see The Killers at the Grand Ole Opry. A few months ago, Paul Reynolds called me up and asked if I would like to see them. We used to be in the same ward but it was divided. Paul's brother manages The Killers and he usually gets several free tickets whenever they come through town. Any way, when Paul and his wife arrived to Will Call there was a mix-up and there were only two tickets instead of the four that Paul had requested from his brother. For a second, I was sure Cory and I would not get in. Paul texted his brother in Las Vegas, who called Jeremy, the road manager, who met us at Will Call and gave Cory and me special passes that got us into the building. Since the place was sold out we did not get seats, but we did get to stand right by the soundboard for the whole night. Now, I'm a casual fan of The Killers, but I have to say they put on an amazing show. Here are the songs they played that night:

Spaceman
Losing Touch
Somebody Told Me
Smile Like You Mean It
This Is Your Life
Joy Ride
I Can't Stay
Bling (Confession Of A King)
Shadowplay
The World We Live In
For Reasons Unknown
Neon Tiger
Human
Sam's Town (Abbey Road version)
Read My Mind
Mr Brightside
All These Things That I've Done

Encore:
Ruby, Don't Take Your Love to Town
Bones
Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine
When You Were Young

1 comment:

The Mighty Thunder Chicken said...

I've got to admit that if I were given free tickets to that show, I would go, but I wouldn't pay for it voluntarily. I'm glad you got in and had a good time.