As some of you know, I recently purchased a new laptop. My old laptop is from 2003 and it takes forever to load anything. It ceased to be an effective tool a year or so ago. Any way, one nice feature of this new laptop is an HDMI output, which effectively allows a direct connection to the television, and by extension, the surround sound system.
In years past, we have gleaned what we could from General Conference by listening to audio streams or watching video streams on the internet. This year, we actually sat down and watched an entire session on the TV, just like a good Utah Mormon family. (I have to admit there is something nice about watching / listening to a talk while on the couch vs. a computer chair.)
Because of small children gallivanting and galumphing about the house, I did not get as much out of that particular session as I would have liked. No matter! The church now has video and audio, as well as the transcripts, available online. (I particularly enjoy the fact that Elder Scott does his own dubbing in Spanish and Portuguese.)
I came across the following thematic breakdown of this session of conference here. The data extrapolations are more for fun since I see several glaring omissions in regards to the selected themes. But, it is kind of fun to look at.
In years past, we have gleaned what we could from General Conference by listening to audio streams or watching video streams on the internet. This year, we actually sat down and watched an entire session on the TV, just like a good Utah Mormon family. (I have to admit there is something nice about watching / listening to a talk while on the couch vs. a computer chair.)
Because of small children gallivanting and galumphing about the house, I did not get as much out of that particular session as I would have liked. No matter! The church now has video and audio, as well as the transcripts, available online. (I particularly enjoy the fact that Elder Scott does his own dubbing in Spanish and Portuguese.)
I came across the following thematic breakdown of this session of conference here. The data extrapolations are more for fun since I see several glaring omissions in regards to the selected themes. But, it is kind of fun to look at.

1 comment:
I like not wearing a dress while watching conference. Thank goodness for the internets.
Post a Comment